Webkinz Are What Happens When You Make Other Plans

SO there we were at BJs Wholesale Club to get milk, spam, lunchmeat, shredded cheese, and SlimFast bars. (They didn't have them. I'm bummed.)

As we passed the toy aisle, we saw shelves of Webkinz. Wow. I didn't know any of the wholesale clubs would be carrying something like this. They had Dalmatians, hippos, rabbits, what they call a Yorkie that is really a Maltese, and pigs.

OliverWe were walking on toward the books when James said, "I'm going back for a leopard." Pause. "Do you want one?"

Well...yes. [eyes roll]

At first I looked at his beady black eyes and thought "Max." (I remember all the jokes on Get Smart! about Max's beady black eyes...LOL.) But when it finally came down to the adoption I named him "Oliver" instead. Why? I dunno. I liked the name Oliver.

I bought him a big jungle room behind the Fantasy Forest.

James named his leopard Spitfire.

So he goes off to his meeting and I run off with my Borders coupon and other Michael's coupon. When I get back the mail has run. Included in the loot is the package with the husky I ordered last week since I was tired of going from store to store looking for one. As is typical of life, I'm sure, huskies will start popping up in every store that sells Webkinz.

KimiSo I put the husky in today, too. She's staying in my Winter Park (which is really a room) for now until I figure out what I want to do with her.

And before you Susan Conant fans rebel, yes, I know the real Kimi is an Alaskan Malamute, not a husky. :-) I just thought it was a particularly cool name for an Arctic-type dog.