"The Girls"

I'D considered not adopting my poodle for a while, until I might learn if it were a Pet of the Month. But since I already had the room fixed up for her and her roommate—what the heck!

These are "the girls" and they have a pink and pastel blue room full of all those girly things I hate. :-)

ClementineThe poodle is "Clementine," or "Clemmy" for short, and she is in part named after Winston Churchill's wife and in part named after...dare I call it a character?...in a book. In John Verney's Friday's Tunnel, February Callendar has a "green knitted poodle" made for her by the wife of the local doctor. This poodle is named "Clementine," and the illo of the toy, linked here, reminded me so much of the face of the Webkinz poodle that the name was a natural.

HilaryMiss Persian needed a very ladylike, aristocratic name and what better than the name of the diva of radio station WENN? She looks like picture hats and long satin gloves; if Hilary Booth was a cat, I could easily see her as a Persian (rather than Calico Jones, cat detective, that is!). (I used the full name so no one would think she was named after any other Hilary.)

Although...LOL...I don't think the real Miss Booth would be fond of going fishing.

I'm really, really not a pink person, but I'm so awfully tempted to adopt a pink poodle and name her "Maple LaMarsh." The color would be as flamboyant enough to go along with the pet!

There was a bit of anxiety after the adoption: just as I was adjusting a chair in the room, Webkinz World crashed. It had already been down until almost eleven o'clock (more about this later) and suddenly went down again. It's happened to other people before, so I was concerned that I might lose some of my adoption gifts. But all was well.