How Charming!

I was in the throes of a nap this afternoon when my cell rang. I had slept very badly last night and was using a free hour between laundry and floor washing to catch a few more winks, so I didn't answer it.

When I did finally check my message, it was from Love Street. They said they would call me if the Webkinz charms came in. The proprietor was apologetic. About an hour after she called me, a woman had come in, seen the charms and bought three of every one she had. There were very few left. I asked her to save me three and tossed on some clothes and zipped over there.

These are quite attractive little charms considering they are being mass-produced for a website. Trifari sold charms off and on over the years and they were equally solid (not to mention more expensive and this was almost thirty years ago!). The Webkinz ones are of a silver polished pot-metal on the back and are enameled on the front. Instead of just a link to fasten it on a bracelet, they come with a little clip so they can be used on zipper pulls and other items of that sort.

I purchased a golden retriever, a white terrier, and the chihuahua, which I'd asked her to save for me, and also the monkey. I left the panda and a Wacky Zingoz behind. There were only about four left. I suspect the woman who made the big haul is going to sell the extras on e-Bay. They are selling for phenomenal amounts there.

The charms come with codes and gain you access to something called the Charms Forest. Once in the forest you can pick one of four paths and hunt for virtual charms and gifts, which you get by clicking on a fairy who either gives you a fairy pod or a key. The gifts can be as small as charms candy, which you can feed to your pet, to sap, which apparently is the booby prize, and as big as little pieces of furniture and even a charms tree. The deeper you can go into the forest, the more you can collect, and the better prizes you get.

My first charms prize was a charm candy. At least Pablito liked it.