Christmastide Adoptions

TreasureI finally had a chance to adopt my pinto horse (I keep typing "pinot" as if she's a wine) on Boxing Day (St. Stephen's Day, whatever). She is named after Addie Mills' horse Treasure in The Thanksgiving Treasure. I had a hard time picking out the stuffed animal; most of them seemed "pulled" along the seams so they were all very obvious; it was hard to pick an attractive one (or at least I thought so).




KotickI waited until January 2, since the site was hiccuping again on New Year's Day, to adopt my white seal. As you can see, I went traditional (but then I'm a Kipling fan). The seal moves like the google, gliding back and forth on the ground. I was hoping it might move a little more like a real seal, but that would be a difficult locomotion to animate.




KippersI didn't adopt the penguin until today because I could not for the life of me think of a name for him. "Tennessee Tuxedo" and other permutations and Happy Feet names seemed too sterotypical. So did most of the snowy/icy names. I considered "Hoboken" after the little penguin in the Bugs Bunny cartoon that cries ice cubes, but wasn't sure about the name. Then I started considering fish (although my references say that most small penguins eat krill, not fish) names. The solution I came up with sounded the cutest. (Hey, it could have been "Halibut"!)

The penguin is so cute when he moves; he does indeed waddle!