Watch for Falling Leaves!

THE Fall Festival started promptly at midnight on Saturday. Fifteen minutes into the hour I had my first gift, some pumpkin soup, and got another twenty minutes after that, the maple leaf sweater.

The leaves seem to be rather meager today. I was on for 90 minutes and only got some cider. Thanks to James giving me his second potted golden-leafed elm tree, however, I now have one of each gift: besides the four already mentioned, there is a funny looking apple hat, a fall toque, a fall poster, a shock of wheat, and a corn-husk cow doll. The food seems to be the most common, so I have two ciders and two soups.

To get these prizes, you must wait for a leaf, which is fairly large, to drift across your screen. It can be yellow, orange, or red (there are reports of brown ones). When you click on it, it makes a crunching sound like someone stepping in a pile of leaves and a prize is issued. The leaves do not seem to appear in the arcade, but are seen chiefly in the rooms, but occasionally at the employment office, in the curio shop, and at Quizzy's trivia area.