Latest (and Belated) Adoptions

TOO busy with real life to have updated here...

TikiOf course I had to have a flying pet! I didn't adopt the toucan for ages because I couldn't think of a name for him. The name of the Froot Loops toucan would have been too corny. I checked the encyclopedia for names in the toco toucan's home range, but I didn't like any of them. So I ended up with corny anyway. :-) It suits him. Adopted July 20.




HoarfrostAnother adoption that took forever because of the name. I wanted something associated with winter, but not all that common. Hence, "hoarfrost," although he's known by the more casual name of "Frosty." Adopted July 26.




ParkerI'd dismissed the rhino since I figured it was just a hippo with a horn and I didn't like the hippo.

Then this fellow looked at me.

A nosy person is often known as a "Nosey Parker," which is also the name for Lady Penelope's chauffeur in Thunderbirds. So "Parker" he became. Adopted August 9.




SnowfireA two-for-one! Anyone older than dirt like me remember the movie Snowfire? It was made in 1958 and was a children's matinee movie and television staple for years. Here's TCM's synopsis of the film. I paged through my memories for other white horse names—Maestoso Borina from White Stallion of Lipizza, El Blanco from the Disney short, Aladdin from the episode of The Virginian, Silver...then I remembered the movie. (I did a search for it online; you wouldn't believe how many people are trying to find a copy of this film!)

Adopted September 4.

SammySammy is just named after the blue jay in the Thorton W. Burgess "Old Mother West Wind" stories. His friends were Johnny [Wood]Chuck, Peter Rabbit, etc. Adopted September 4.